The climate in the Delmarva Peninsula creates unique challenges when it comes to indoor air quality (IAQ). The changing seasons, humidity levels, a tightly sealed thermal envelope, and sources of contamination within the home can make proactive measures necessary to ensure clean and healthy indoor air. At Bay-Care Heating & Air, we focus on a Whole Home approach. By factoring in all aspects that contribute to the comfort, efficiency, and hygiene of the living space, we’re able to customize an effective plan of improvement.
Do You Have Questions About Indoor Air Quality?
Some potential IAQ concerns include:
- Seasonal humidity fluctuations – Hot, humid summers can lead to mold growth, bacterial growth, an increase in dust mite population, and discomfort. Low humidity in winter can cause dry skin, respiratory concerns, and damage to wood floors and furniture.
- Allergens – Pollen from a variety of trees and plants, dust, dander, spores, and all sorts of pathogens can exacerbate allergies and respiratory issues, making it important to filter and purify indoor air.
- VOCs – Volatile organic compounds are often human-made chemicals emitted by a wide array of products, including paints, cleaning supplies, pesticides, furnishings, building materials, permanent markers, glues, copiers, and printers.
- Air pollution – While our local area generally benefits from clean air, the proximity to larger metropolitan areas means occasional exposure to outdoor air pollutants that can seep into homes.
We’re Here to Help
The benefits of IAQ accessories include:
- Humidifiers & dehumidifiers – Maintaining ideal humidity levels is crucial. A humidifier adds moisture to dry winter air, reducing the risk of respiratory discomfort, dry skin, and the need for higher thermostat settings. A dehumidifier helps combat excessive humidity during the muggy summer months, preventing mold growth, lessening concerns with allergies, and providing a more comfortable living environment.
- Fresh air ventilators – Bringing in outdoor air while expelling stale indoor air, fresh air ventilators provide a constant supply of fresh oxygen. For tightly sealed, energy-efficient homes, effective ventilation is especially important to eliminate musty smells and contaminants.
- UV lights – Ultraviolet (UV) lights effectively kill bacteria, viruses, and mold spores. Proper placement and installation work to maintain a more germ-free environment while also supporting greater AC efficiency.
When considering IAQ accessories for your home, Bay-Care Heating & Air assists by assessing specific needs. Consult with our professionals to explore possibilities, determine the most suitable equipment, and take advantage of the latest innovations and skilled installation anywhere across Dagsboro, Millsboro, and the surrounding areas.